Physical Media Collection

I'm thinking that I want to start collecting DVDs of movies and shows that I like. On one hand, it's because streaming is annoying and increasingly expensive. On the other hand, I want to fill my media console with stuff because my kitty baby Rainbow has proved a danger to all the little trinkets I used to have in there.

So, I made a check-off list of movies or shows that I like to (or would like to) rewatch and maybe would want to display.

  • Agatha Christie's Poirot
  • Arrival
  • Barbie
  • Bottoms
  • Breakfast on Pluto
  • Clue
  • Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves
  • Get Out
  • Gone Girl
  • The Green Knight
  • Heaven's Design Team
  • The Hunchback of Notre Dame
  • Interstellar
  • Judas and the Black Messiah
  • Kingsman
  • Knives Out
  • The Lost City
  • Mamma Mia (1 & 2)
  • Mulan
  • The Mummy
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion
  • Ocean's 8
  • Phantom of the Opera
  • Pitch Perfect (1 & 3)
  • Prince of Egypt
  • The Princess Bride
  • Renfield
  • Shin Godzilla
  • A Simple Favor
  • Sorry to Bother You
  • Stardust
  • Taylor Swift: Reputation Studio Tour
  • Twilight
  • You've Got Mail 

Some thoughts. My partner prefers the BBC show Agatha Christie's Poirot over Kenneth Branagh's Poirot movie series, and I agree with her except that I also kind of like the latter? Like, they're kind of overdone in Branagh's typical way, and it's pretty presumptuous for him to have cast himself as Poirot. However, what convinced me to give them a shot was my mom saying that she hates Kenneth Branagh for all the reasons that she thinks he also makes a good Poirot. She was right! He's kind of the worst and that's what makes him fun to watch. Still not as good or sincere as the show, though.

That being said, and part of the reason I was thinking about that, I'm wary of collecting shows because they tend to take up more space than just a movie, especially multi-season ones. So I think I'm fine leaving that to streaming except for ones that are kind of a pain to find and watch.

(I also just kinda like movies better? It feels more like an occasion to put on a movie!)

Ain't this kind of an Appendix M?

Comments

  1. If this is the Appendix M, then I'm waiting for the Taylor Swift Studio bite-sized dungeon to drop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just pirate everything you like and put it on a hard drive. DVDs and shit are fine too but yeet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. already pirate digital media + i might burn some disks, but i just like having physical media?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Plagiarism in Unconquered (2022)

OSR Rules Families

Bite-Sized Dungeons