FMC New Art & Test Prints

I wanted to feature some new art in the upcoming beta version of Fantastic Medieval Campaigns on February 22 (2/22)! Some more artists have graciously contributed their work: Kalin Kadiev, Emanoel Melo, and Ben Overmyer. I'm extremely thankful! They are helping bring this thing to life.



Here is also some new art by Hodag RPG and Gus L.!


Test Prints

As I've posted on Twitter, I also received my test prints from Lulu! I think they turned out really well for the most part. One thing I had to change was that the background images for the chapter headers didn't work with the page bleed, and weren't all that visible anyway. So I just made them black pages instead.

These tests are for hardcover, costing ~$22 for black & white and ~$55 for color (!). On the plus side, I’ve just ordered softcover versions with standard ink, which cost only ~$10 for black & white and ~$13 for color. If the print quality is still okay, I may change the hardcover books to also use standard ink and paper in order to make them cheaper!

I want to reiterate that these prints will be available at-cost on Lulu starting February 22 (2/22) at the earliest! They may take a little bit longer since this is my first time using Lulu to publish something. Please be patient with me on this, because this is not a commercial effort and I am only doing all of this for fun. It stresses me out when people talk to me like this is an official release of some big product, even when it's positive. Thank you for your understanding!

P.S. Out of town, so I can’t respond to anything for a bit. But thank all y’all for your kind words and encouragement! :)

Comments

  1. Looks beautiful! Those colored sections on the page edge work really well in physical form. I’m looking forward to holding this in my hands once it’s ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think there's an error on p149 - it lists Barbican twice with the same dimensions, but once costing 14,000gp and once 20,000gp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's an intentional mistake! :P see p. 21 of U&WA, on the lower part of the page!

      Delete
  3. The hype is real! But really take the time you need. The world has been waiting 50 years for a version of OD&D that normal humans can grok. It wan wait a few weeks more =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you eric!!! the digital version should be on schedule :)

      Delete
  4. Can't wait!!!!!

    But on the page about Monster Level 6, there should be an asterisk at the Evil Patriarchs entry, shouldn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Plagiarism in Unconquered (2022)

OSR Rules Families

Bite-Sized Dungeons